This particular expansion seems to be particularly based around adorableness and babies as now you can get Ocelots which can have kittens. Pet wolves can now have puppies. And villager NPCs can now also have children. It seems like the pitter-patter of tiny feet is going to soon be filling our various Minecraft worlds.
That said, the world can actually fit them all in now as the height of the world has now been doubled from the previous 128 blocks to 256 blocks. 256 blocks high of Minecraft, I think I have some building to do… all my towers are now too short!
Here is the full list of new features (which can probably also be found at the official site):
- New jungle biome
- Added ocelots
- Added cats
- Added iron golems
- New AI for mobs
- Tame wolves can have puppies
- Villagers will have children if there is room in their village
- Added rare drops for mobs
- New items and blocks
- New map height limit (256 instead of 128)
- Doors have been updated so that double-doors work better with redstone
- Many other minor tweaks and fixes
- Removed Herobrine
Iron golems you say? I’m willing to be that’ll be a problem…
Also for those of you who wonder who take the final update as proof of Herobrine’s existence, I’d just like to remind you that they say that same thing EVERY update.